Register in February (in advance of the next school year ) if your student:
- is starting Kindergarten next Fall (Born in 2018).
- Will be new (all grades) to the District in September 2023
Apply from February 1st to February 28th 2023 to be considered for priority placement for the 2023-24 school year if your student:
- would like to apply to French Immersion, Mandarin Language Arts or any of the other Secondary and Elementary Programs of Choice
- wants to attend a school other than their home school (cross-district transfer)
All forms must be completed online through the Burnaby School District website. Registration must be completed for the neighbourhood/catchment school. To find the schools that serve your address click here.
The following documents will be required to register:
A. Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
B. Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
C. Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, notice of decision, permanent resident card).
D. Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A.
- Category A: Proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling: legal documents indicating BC residence: parent or guardian government issued tax statement
- Category B: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.
In some circumstances, schools may require additional documentation. Parents will be contacted if this is the case.
For more information on Registration Procedures and to register please visit the Burnaby School District Website: https://burnabyschools.ca/registration/